Hi everyone. This is an article on the basics of babysitting. First if you are being left alone with the kids, you need to get some instructions from the parents including a list if phone numbers just in case there was an emergency. Here is a list of phone numbers and instructions you should get.
- The child’s doctor
- The parents cell phone number
- 911 (Okay, you don’t really need to ask for this one.)
- What should I feed them?
- Do they have any allergies?
- What TV channels and shows can they watch?
- Can they have a treat like ice cream or a popsicle?
- What time do they go to bed?
Next you need to find ways to entertain the kids. One way is to bring a kid kit. A kid kit is a kit full of fun stuff to do. Here is some stuff to put in your kid kit.
- a deck of cards
- 2 or 3 books to choose from
- coloring books
- a movie
- a craft
- (this is for your own additional idem)
A kid kit will be a good idea if you are taking care of picky kids so you should try to bring a different craft, book, and movie every time. Also if you want to find a good babysitting book then look for babysitters club books. You can even read them to the kids.
Well that’s all for now.